SOH Collections candles are created with the finest of ingredients. They are blended then hand-poured in small batches to create our artisanal candle range. We strive to create a product that is of beautiful quality and we want you to enjoy your candle for as long as possible. We recommend the following care to ensure the longevity of your SOH Collections candle:
- Always trim your wicks with our SOH Collections wick trimmer before each lighting, to a length of roughly 5mm.This ensures an even and smoke-free burn.
- In order to get the most out of your candle, burn it until the majority of the surface of the candle melts into liquid. Soy wax has “memory”, so it will follow the first burn; make sure not to extinguish the candle until the majority of the surface has melted, as this will create a “tunnelling” effect. Some wax may remain on the sides but will continue to melt down as you continue each burn.
- To preserve the fragrance, do not burn your candle for more than four hours at a time. Use our SOH Collections snuffer to extinguish the flame so that no smoke is created or soot residue is left.
- Do not leave your candle burning unattended. Keep away from children, curtains and pets.
- Always protect the table or surface on which the candle rests.
- After extinguishing the flame, reposition and align your candle wicks if need be, to ensure an even burn with centred wicks to prevent the vessel from cracking.
- Discontinue burning your candle when 10mm of wax remains to prevent cracking.